- RSS Channel Showcase 8458647
- RSS Channel Showcase 7324276
- RSS Channel Showcase 1152914
- RSS Channel Showcase 5611502
Articles on this Page
- 05/29/17--09:14: _Tiger Woods says me...
- 05/29/17--19:51: _Anthony Perea wins ...
- 05/30/17--14:35: _Tiger Woods found a...
- 06/02/17--20:00: _Jason Dufner sets 3...
- 06/03/17--00:01: _Big swing for Danie...
- 06/05/17--00:01: _John Oda top U.S. O...
- 06/09/17--00:01: _Three share lead af...
- 06/10/17--20:50: _Cink, Cabrera Bello...
- 06/14/17--18:19: _U.S. Open 'tailor-m...
- 06/15/17--11:56: _Blimp crashes at US...
- 06/15/17--20:11: _Rickie Fowler leads...
- 06/16/17--20:57: _Call it the U.S. Wi...
- 06/17/17--00:01: _U.S. Open: Justin T...
- 06/18/17--00:01: _Brooks Koepka wins ...
- 06/20/17--13:54: _Tiger Woods in clin...
- 06/21/17--17:03: _St. John Bosco Miss...
- 05/29/17--09:14: Tiger Woods says medication, not alcohol, led to DUI arrest
- 05/30/17--14:35: Tiger Woods found asleep at the wheel, no alcohol in his system
- 06/02/17--20:00: Jason Dufner sets 36-hole mark at Memorial
- 06/03/17--00:01: Big swing for Daniel Summerhays at Memorial
- 06/05/17--00:01: John Oda top U.S. Open qualifier at Newport Beach
- 06/09/17--00:01: Three share lead after two rounds at St Jude Classic
- 06/10/17--20:50: Cink, Cabrera Bello among 3 leaders at St. Jude
- 06/14/17--18:19: U.S. Open 'tailor-made' for defending champ Dustin Johnson
- 06/15/17--11:56: Blimp crashes at US Open in Wisconsin
- 06/15/17--20:11: Rickie Fowler leads on day of highs and lows at U.S. Open
- 06/16/17--20:57: Call it the U.S. Wide Open
- 06/17/17--00:01: U.S. Open: Justin Thomas delivers record round; Brian Harman leads
- 06/18/17--00:01: Brooks Koepka wins U.S. Open
- 06/20/17--13:54: Tiger Woods in clinic to get help with pain medications
- 06/21/17--17:03: St. John Bosco Mission plans Yucaipa golf tournament as fundraiser
Players arriving for a tournament this week at Muirfield Village might notice a framed picture of Tiger Woods with a resplendent smile and bright red shirt. He's posed there with the trophy, an image that embodies the excitement he once brought to golf.
A far different photo emerged Monday, this one from the Palm Beach County jail in Florida after Woods was arrested on a DUI charge.
SAN BERNARDINO >> Anthony Perea birdied each of the three sudden-death playoff holes and overcame a two-shot deficit on the 18th hole to beat Matthew Sandoval and win the 47th Annual San Bernardino County Amateur Golf Championship on Monday.
It happened to be the fifth time in the tournament's history that the result was decided by playoff.
Police found Tiger Woods asleep at the wheel on the side of a six-lane Florida road in the dark of morning, the engine running and his right blinker flashing. His speech was slow and slurred, though there was no alcohol in his system and he didn't know how far away he was from home.
The details contained in a police affidavit released Tuesday did little to clear up the curious circumstances of his whereabouts on Memorial Day morning, only to confirm Woods' statement that he had not been drinking before being arrested for suspicion of DUI.
Jason Dufner wanted to put together more than just a few good rounds this week at the Memorial.
The first two put him in the record book.
Dufner holed out from 176 yards on the 18th hole for an eagle, and then added three more birdies on the front nine at Muirfield Village for another 7-under 65.
Daniel Summerhays shot a 4-under 68 that took him from a five-shot deficit to a three-shot lead Saturday in the Memorial at Dublin, Ohio.
More than his solid round was a collapse by Jason Dufner, who lost his lead with four straight bogeys on the front nine and hit two balls in the water on the back nine for a 77.
NEWPORT BEACH>> Golf is one of those rare sports in which a businessman or a junior from UNLV can step up to the tee and show the professionals how it's done.
Five of the six players who advanced out to the U.S. Open out of Monday's 36-hole sectional qualifying tournament in Newport Beach all had day jobs.
Chez Reavie shot a 5-under 65 on Friday to move to 9-under 131 and share the lead with Charl Schwartzel and Sebastian Munoz after two rounds at the St. Jude Classic in Memphis, Tenn.
Schwartzel had a 66 while Munoz finished the round with a 67. Stewart Cink - who shared the first-round lead along with Matt Every, Scott Brown and Munoz - was one stroke back after his 68 at the PGA Tour's final event before the U.
Rafa Cabrera Bello shot a 5-under 65 on Saturday to join Ben Crane and Stewart Cink in a three-way tie for the lead after three rounds at the St. Jude Classic at Memphis, Tennessee.
Cabrera Bello, a 33-year-old from Spain, has four international victories, but has never won on the PGA Tour. He's 30th in the World Golf Ranking.
ERIN, Wis.>> Dustin Johnson wrapped up his final-day practice round for the U.S. Open just as the sky began to rumble and the horn sounded to stop play at Erin Hills.
The timing couldn't have been better for the world's No. 1 player, as it has been the past two weeks.
As much as he hates missing cuts, the Memorial two weeks ago was a good time for Johnson to have a weekend off.
ERIN, Wis. >> The pilot of a blimp is "OK" after the aircraft crashed near the U.S. Open in Wisconsin during the opening round of the golf tournament, a representative for the company that operates the blimp said Thursday.
Justin Maynard, a sales manager for Florida-based AirSign, said the company's operations team on the ground in Erin, Wisconsin, reported on the pilot's status.
ERIN, Wis. >> Erin Hills played like a pushover for a U.S. Open.
Check out the score of Rickie Fowler, who matched the U.S. Open scoring record to par for the opening round with a 7-under 65. Right behind him were 43 other players who broke par, breaking a championship record that had stood for 27 years.
ERIN, Wis.>> An 11-year-old golf course shaped from Wisconsin pastureland was sure to bring something different to the U.S. Open.
This might have been more than anyone was expecting.
The four players tied for the lead Paul Casey, Brooks Koepka, Brian Harman and Tommy Fleetwood created the largest 36-hole logjam in 43 years at the U.
ERIN, WIS. >> Justin Thomas managed to stand out in a U.S. Open where par is going out of style.
All it took was a 9-under 63, the lowest round to par in a major long known as the toughest test in golf. Thomas capped off his record day on the 667-yard 18th hole at Erin Hills with the prettiest 3-wood he ever hit, stopping 8 feet away on a green where some players struggled to land a wedge.
ERIN, Wis.>> Brooks Koepka received a short piece of advice from a valuable source on the eve of the final round at the U.S. Open.
Defending champion Dustin Johnson was doing most of the talking.
"It was a long phone call for us, it was like two minutes," Koepka said. "But he just said a few things, and just stay patient.
Tiger Woods has checked into a clinic to get help dealing with prescription medication for pain and a sleep disorder, and his agent is not sure how long he will stay.
Mark Steinberg of Excel Sports Management said Tuesday he could not disclose the location of the in-patient treatment. He said pain medication at times was the only way Woods could get up and moving during the toughest days of recovery following four back surgeries.
St. John Bosco Mission will host its 26th annual golf tournament on Saturday at Yucaipa Valley Golf Club.
Top prize for golfers is a hole-in-one sponsored by Redlands Ford, with the lucky winner getting keys to a new Mustang.
Other contests include longest drive (men/women), putting, and 50/50 closest to the pin on all par 3s.